Change the World ~ One Camper at a Time
Wanakee volunteers say:
"My favorite part of last summer was volunteering at Wanakee. Being with Christian youth gives you hope for the world."
"It's not a vacation. But it's so much fun, it's not work either. It's inspiring! It's gratifying!"
"Volunteering at Wanakee is one of the most fulfilling things I do every year."
Wanakee can use your gifts:
Counselors and Event Directors are a special Wanakee need! More than 100 counselors are needed for summer camp events. Some programs need counselors with special skills, such as drama, sailing, team sports, biking, canoeing, backpacking, fishing, music, skiing and working with early elementary children!
"Wanakee is a hand's-on leadership training environment! You grow in your leadership skills in an affirming, Christian environment. It's so much fun. And you really make a difference!"
How to become a volunteer counselor or event director
- Contact Wanakee to request a volunteer packet
- Complete and return the volunteer application, health form and yearly background check form.
- Secure 3 written references (all volunteers must complete the clearance process).
- Participate in training and/or planning sessions.
- Commit your full attention to the spiritual, mental, emotional, physical and safety needs of campers as you live, play and pray with them for a week or half-week.